"How to adopt" is our strict adoption policies
We will shared our experience below as to why we feel very passionate about how we place our puppies in their forever homes.
I would like to first start by sharing what has lead us to our adoption policy for our puppies and why it's different than the average breeder. Please understand that we're not trying to imply that other methods have not worked for those breeders and their families successfully.
We have been very fortunate over the past 30 years to participate and enjoy many different venues and events with our dogs obedience, AKC show ring, tracking and agility.
I began obedience training for fun and to own well behaved dogs in the late 80s, not knowing that this would soon become my passion for years to come. I went on to be an assistant obedience and conformation instructor for the Hall Of Fame Dog School for years, until a very good friend and I opened our own training center, Akron Canton Dog Training Center and later Doggone Smart. Our goal was to educate, responsible dog ownership with positive training methods, creating good K9 citizens.
I as well began a new passion for showing in the AKC conformation show ring, where I handled and competed with dogs for my friends as well as my own gaining their AKC Championship titles.
My daughter (Carrie) went on to enjoy my passion for showing as well and began handling at the age of 13 in the AKC Junior Handling Ring, earning the 3 wins required to advance very quickly. After finishing Junior Handling, Carrie decided to join me in the regular AKC breed competition ring where she excelled and I was now sitting ring side in my glory, proudly watching my daughter showing and winning with our dogs.
In 2007 my daughter in law Jessica became hooked as well and joined Carrie and I in the
AKC ring. Both of the girls ability to handle in the show ring was excellent and they put AKC championships on multiple dogs each, I couldn't have been prouder of girl and our dogs. We went on to be proudly known as the Monarch Team, breeding and showing Havanese for 14 years. We earned the honor of becoming AKC Breeder's Of Merit, Breeder's Heart AKC CHIC Certification on all our Havanese. Our breeding program and home have been inspected by AKC Officials twice and passed both inspections.
Carrie and I also enjoyed working together as veterinary assistants, I for 13 years and Carrie for 10 years. I'm now retired, Jessica and I are now enjoying our new love for our Goldedndoodles, Poodles and soon Bernedoodles breeding program.
Carrie is now the Humane Officer for Medina County Ohio SPCA, working hard to help animals in need.
We worked for years in the past fostering many dog, puppies, cats and kittens in need of care and finding a wonderful for ever homes. We have worked hard helping share lost and found pets through social media and on foot to get them back home to their families.
We are currently Only accepting Puppy Applications/Questionnaires for our Upcoming
Sept. 2nd, 2020 All of our currently posted upcoming
petite - standard Goldendoodle litters are full.
Our next Upcoming Available Goldendoodle Litters are expected to start arriving in Dec.-Jan. If you don't mind waiting or are wanting to adopt late winter - early spring 2021, your welcome to go on our Master Waiting List. Please fill out and
submit a Puppy Adoption Application/Questionnaire, we will then answer any questions you may have not covered on our website via email or by phone. Once these steps are complete we will email you further instructions in regards to placing your deposit and written family biography.
How to Adopt a Keepsake Goldendoodle Puppy
1) Please do some research to help familiarize yourself with the breed. We will have links on our educational page to help you.
This is a big decision, make sure everyone in the family is up for it and excited about getting a new puppy. "Not just because one of your children have been begging you for a puppy and
their now old enough to help care for a puppy." The puppy will do best if everyone shares the responsibility for him/her.
Puppies need house breaking and training that require lots of patients, practice and consistence. From positive family members and positive training techniques.
The puppy will also require - supplies (quality food, food and water dishes, crate, bed, leash, collar, collar ID, county license, brushes, comb, etc.....) veterinary visits every
4wks. to booster their vaccines through 4 months of age, spay/neuter is mandatory at or by (8 months of age) but not before 6 months of age, training classes $90.00 - $150.00 per six week group session (one six week group class is not enough training)
2) Please visit our Upcoming Litter page, you will find the following information.
Pictures of each parent --Parent’s weight
Parent’s generation or breed Generation the puppies will be
Approximate weight the puppies will be as adults
The colors we expect the puppies to be Waiting list
3) We may require a phone interview with us before being placed on a waiting list for a current or upcoming puppy. Families must complete the following steps.
A)Review website thoroughly. The website has resources that will help answer many of your questions about our puppies and adopting from us.
B) Review our Adoption Policy
C) Submit an Adoption Application/Questionnaire (Link found above)
D) Once Application is approved you will receive an email from us with the paperwork and deposit information to go on the Master Waiting List.
E) A Family Biography and wish list is needed to accompany the Master Waiting list paperwork.
F) Once all forms have been received and reviewed you will be placed on the appropriate Master Waiting list for upcoming litters.
G) Once a puppy/litter becomes available we will may contact you for a phone interview. ALL phone interviews will be done Monday-Friday between 11am-3pm EST. Please understand that we have a large family, commitments, and want to able to enjoy our dogs and children on evenings and weekends.
This is to ensure that a Goldendoodle is a good match for your family. We ask that you make a complete list of questions before we call you. We want to be able answer any questions you may have in our conversation. We will as well share about ourselves and our breeding program.
4) If we all decide that a Goldendoodle puppy would be a great match for your family.
We will then email you the Consultation/Waiting list form or Holding deposit list form, a copy of the sales contract and information about the Snuggle Puppies. Once we have received your deposit, deposit form, signed contract, family biography (your family’s activity level, children and their ages, small or large home, small or large yard, fenced or not, ect...) a biography of other pets you currently own and wish list (preferred sex, color, size). We will then place you on one of our waiting lists. Deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE, a deposit can be transferred to any upcoming litter with available openings for up 1 year.
Puppies are placed based upon the puppy’s personality to the family’s personality, we match each family and puppy as close as possible. We evaluate each litters personality at 7 weeks of age. Once the puppy evaluations have been made, we then use each family’s biography to help match the right puppy with each family. The wish list is used in the event that several puppies match several families. The family that is on the waiting list first will have their wish list taken into consideration first
If you want a particular color, size, sex or coat type we can help advise you as to which upcoming litter would most likely have what you are looking for. Please keep in mind that we make these suggestions to the best of our ability, but we can’t guarantee what each litter can possibly look like. We will not place a puppy based upon color or markings PERIOD.
We can’t guarantee any puppy to be hypoallergenic or not to shed. We have successfully placed puppies with allergy families with no problems. However, every person’s allergies are different, such as shedding, dander, saliva and more. If your family has allergies it's best to introduce that family member to multiple Goldendoodles of different generations and coat types. Unfortunately visiting our dogs in our home is not going to work as we groom and board family’s dogs that are not allergy friendly.
All of our puppies are sold on a strict spay/neuter contract. Failure to have your puppy spayed/neutered between 6 to 8 months of age will result in your puppy’s health guarantee being null and void. Agreeing to have your puppy/dog Spayed/Neutered is part of the purchase agreement and purchase price. Proof of spay or neuter must be provided to Keepsake Goldendoodles within 30 days of procedure in writing. Failure to spay or neuter your puppy prior to 9 months of age will require purchaser to pay seller three times the purchase price. Our puppies are sold as family pets and does not convey with breeding rights. All of our puppies are microchipped and the cost of the chip and the veterinary service of implanting the chip are included in the purchase price of your puppy.
5) Upcoming litters - Once your placed on our waiting list, we will email all the families, once the breeding has taken place and when we know that Mom is pregnant. We will email our families on that waiting list to announce her expecting litter.
6) Waiting list - Please keep in mind that we estimate how many puppies each mom will have. On occasion, mothers may not become pregnant or there may not be enough puppies for the families on the waiting list. In this case your family would be moved to our next available spot on a future litter that fits your family. There's also the possibility that a mom may have more puppies than we estimated. If so we will then be able to accept more families on the list for that litter. If a family would like, you can become a standby on a litter.
7) Meet and Greets - We have many families inquire about meet and greets in our home. For the safety of our puppies, adults and family, we no longer offer meet and greets. Please keep in mind that most of our puppies have deposits on them and we are responsible to keep them and our family as safe as possible. We are also a normal family that has many other commitments, we groom and board privately for our local family’s puppies/dogs and the children/grandchildren that are very involved in 4-H and shooting sports.
We are more than happy to provide references from families that own our puppies as well as veterinary references. Please feel free to join our Facebook page at Keepsake Goldendoodles. You will get to see many of our families share pictures and fun times with their puppies. We post most of our puppies, adults, available Guardian puppies and litter announcements on our Facebook page as well as our website.
8) Breeder Choice and right of refusal - We reserve the right at all times to keep puppies from any litter and may have to bump a family to a future litter if needed.
We reserve the right to refuse the sale or refund a deposit of a puppy at any time to any family/person that we feel is in the best interest of us, you or the puppy.
9) Nanny Service – For our families traveling 4 or more hours, arrangements can be made for a nanny service with a team of Nanny’s. Our Nannies have years of experience being flight attendants and have delivered puppies for us as well and other breeders. Our Nannies are awesome, the puppies are with them at all times, they travel with them with great care. Each puppy that our Nanny’s deliver, travels in cabin with them and are personally delivered to you at your local airport. This service would help reduce travel time for your family, travel expenses and can be less stressful for your new puppy. Please keep in mind that the puppies will have only experienced one car ride to our veterinarian prior to coming home. Stopping for potty breaks traveling by car can possibly expose your new puppy to parasites and potentially harmful viruses if not done properly. The current Nanny fees are $450.00 for Eastern US and $550.00 for Western Us. The Nanny fee is paid to them in CASH ONLY upon delivery. Please let us know if you would be interested in this service in advance.
10) Meeting you for pick up – We offer to meet any of our families that are over an hour away from us to pick up their puppy. Driving distance will be determined based upon where your family lives. This helps reduce the stress for the puppy when they go home. This service is offered to minimize stress for the puppy as well as lessening the number of stops needed for puppy potty breaks for your travels. All families traveling any distance by car with their puppy will be provided a detailed instruction sheet for how to safely travel and stop if needed for your puppy. This also provides a more flexible pick up date and time for you.
11) Puppy pick-up day- For all of our local family’s puppy pick up will be based off if we have newborn puppies or pregnant mothers if we will be able to have families come pick up their puppies. If we have either of those going on at the time that the puppies are 8 weeks of age, arrangements will be made to either meet your family for pick up or bring the puppy to your home.
Please feel free to Google Earth our home, drive by, contact our Veterinarian or ask for references. We do this for the safety of our dogs, puppies and family.
Our Veterinarian is Fulton Animal Hospital, 854 E Cherry St, Canal Fulton, OH 44614 Phone (330) 854-2666 (Please ask for Mary Ann or Stephanie)
Please note that the final payment on puppy pickup day will be due in CASH Only or any electronic payments must be made 72 hours in advance. WE DO NOT ACCEPT CHECKS OF ANY KIND FOR FINAL PAYMENT.
______________________________________________ Date _______________________
Buyer understands and agrees to our adoption policy
By signing above, you acknowledge that you have read and fully understand our placement/adoption policy. Please return all three pages of this agreement with your waiting/consultation deposit agreement, deposit, family biography and wish list.