How to Adopt a Keepsake Goldendoodle Puppy
1) Please do some research to help familarize yourself with the breed. We will have links on our educational page to help you.
This is a big decision, make sure everyone in the family is up for it and excited about getting a new puppy. "Not just because one of your children have been begging you for a puppy and their now old enough to care for a puppy." The puppy will do best if everyone shares the responsibility
of caring for it.
Puppies need house breaking and training that require lots of patients, practice and consistence. From positive family members and positive training techniques.
The puppy will also require - supplies (quality food, food and water dishes, crate, bed, leash, collar, collar ID, county license, brushes, comb, ect.....) veterinary visits every
4wks. to booster their vaccines through 4 months of age, spay/neuter mandatory at (6-8 months of age), training classes $90.00 - $150.00 per six week group session (one six week group class is not enough training)
2) Please visit our Upcoming Litter page, you will find the following information.
Pictures of each parent
Parents generation or breed
Generation the puppies will be
Approximate weight the puppies will be as adults
The colors we expect the puppies to be
3) All families must have a phone interview with us before being placed on a waiting list.
This is to insure that a Goldendoodle is a good match for your family. We ask that you make a complete list of questions before calling. We want to be able answer any questions you may have in our conversation. We will as well share about ourselves and our breeding program.
4) If we all decide that a Goldendoodle puppy would be a great match for your family.
We will then email you the Consultation/Waiting list form or Holding deposit list form, a copy of the sales contract for you to review and information about the Snuggle Puppies. Once we have received your deposit, deposit form, family biography (your families activity level, children and their ages, small or large home, small or large yard, fenced or not, ect...) a biography of other pets
you currently own and wish list (preferred sex, color, size). We will then place you on one of our waiting lists. Deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE, a deposit can be transferred to any upcoming litter with available openings for up to two years.
Puppies are placed based upon the puppies personality to the families personality we match the personalities of your family and the puppy's as close as possible. We evaluate each litters personalities between 6-7 weeks of age. Once the puppy evaluations have been made, we then use each families biography to help match the right puppy with each family. The wish list is used in the event that several puppies match several families. The family that was on the waiting list first would have their wish list taken in to consideration first.
If you want a particular color, size, sex or coat type we can help advise you as to which upcoming litter would most likely have what you are looking for. Please keep in mind that we make these suggestions to the best of our ability, but we can not guarantee what each litter can possibly look like. We will not place a puppy based upon color or markings.
We can not guarantee any puppy to be hypoallergenic or not to shed. We have successfully placed puppies with allergy families with no problems. However, every persons allergies are different, such as shedding, dander, saliva and more. If your family has allergies it's best to introduce that family member to multiple goldendoodles of different generations and coat types. Unfortunately visiting our dogs, in our home is not going to work as we groom and board families dogs that are not allergy friendly.
All of our puppy's are sold on a strict spay/neuter contract. Failure to have your puppy spayed/neutered by 6 to 8 months of age will result in your puppy's health guarantee being void. Proof of spay or neuter must be provided to Keepsake Goldendoodles within 30 days of procedure. Failure to spay or neuter your puppy prior to 9 months of age will require purchaser to pay seller three times the purchase price. Our puppy's are sold as family pets and does not convey with breeding rights.
5) Upcoming litters - Once your placed on our waiting list, we will email all the families, once the breeding has taken place and when we know that Mom is pregnant. We will email our families on that waiting list to announce her expecting litter.
6) Waiting list - Please keep in mind that we estimate how many puppies each mom will have. On occasion there will not be enough puppies for the families on the waiting list. In this case your family would be moved to our next available spot on a future litter that fits your family. There's also the possibility that a mom may have more puppies than we estimated. If so we will then be able to accept more families on the list for that litter. If a family would like, you can become a standby on a litter.
7) Meet and Greets - We have many families inquire about meet and greets in our home. For the safety of our puppies, adults and family, we no longer offer meet and greets. Please keep in mind that most of our puppies have deposits on them and we are responsible to keep them and our family as safe as possible. We are also a normal family that has many other commitments, we groom and board privately for our local families puppies/dogs, we show our Havanese in AKC conformation shows and the children are very involved in 4-H and shooting sports.
We are more than happy to provide references from families that own our puppies as well as veterinary
references. Please feel free to join our Facebook page at Keepsake Goldendoodles. You will get to see many of our families share pictures and fun times with their puppies. We post most of our puppies, adults, available Guardian puppies and litter announcements on our Facebook page as well as our website.
8) Breeder Choice and right of refusal - We reserve the right at all times to keep puppies from any litter and may have to bump a family to a future litter if needed.
We reserve the right to refuse the sale or refund a deposit of a puppy at anytime to any family/person that we feel is in the best interest of us, you or the puppy.
9) Nanny Service - For our families traveling 4 or more hours we offer a Nannie service. Our Nannie name is Monica, she has been a flight attendant for over 20 years and has delivered many puppies for us. Monica is an awesome Nannie, the puppies are with her at all times, she travels with them with great care. Each puppy that Monica delivers travels in cabin with her, and is personally delivered to you at your local airport. This service would help reduce travel time for your family, travel expenses and can be less stressful for your new puppy. Please keep in mind that the puppies will have only experienced one car ride to our veterinarian prior to coming home. Stopping for potty breaks traveling by car can possibly expose your new puppy to parasites and potentially harmful viruses if not done properly. Monica's current fees are $350.00 for Eastern US and $450.00 for Western US. Monica's service is paid to her in CASH ONLY upon delivery. Please let us know if you would be interested in this service in advance.
10) Meeting you for pick up. We offer to meet any of our families that are over an hour away from us to pick up their puppy. Driving distance will be determined based upon where your family lives. This helps reduce the stress for the puppy when they go home. This service is offered to minimize stress for the puppy as well as lessening the number of stops needed for puppy potty breaks for your travels. All families traveling any distance by car with their puppy will be provided a detailed instruction sheet for how to safely travel and stop if needed for your puppy. This also provides a more flexible pick date and time schedule for you.
11) Puppy pick up day - We will schedule one day only for puppy pick up day with assigned 30 minute appointment. The puppy pick up day will most likely be the weekend following the litters 8 week birthday. Families that are unable to pick up on that day and/or the appointment time, we will then schedule a day and time to drive to meet you that is convenient for everyone. There is road construction everywhere, please be aware of it in order to allow little extra time for your travels, as there will be other families picking up their puppy throughout this day.